Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Just Another Day at the Office

Yesterday the weather was good so I decided to use my motorcycle to "get to work". My office yesterday: Starbucks in Orting, a small town in the foothills of the Washington Cascade Mountains (USA). There I got my comic panels penciled and inked and ready for the syndicate. Plus some revisions on my Turtle Farm Theme Park cartoon map in the Cayman Islands.


My work finished, I decided to ride up through the South Prairie Valley, then stop along the way to get my daily exercise. I walked along the Carbon River, with its headwaters on the slopes of Mount Rainier in Washington State.


I found this beautiful fern glade along the bank of the river...


...and this beautiful spray of sword ferns growing up against a mossy boulder nearby.


Then I exited Hwy 162 and followed South Prairie Carbon River Road, which is where I found this pastoral scene with the sun low on the western horizon. This late afternoon ride helped make it an exceptionally good workday yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. I've traveled in the Himalaya but can confidently say this is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Reading the post made me want to get a motorcycle. I've driven from Eatonville to Buckly via South Prairie many early mornings when there is a ethereal mist hanging over the river.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The office is your 1st home, where you spend more time instead home.
    We provide Respite Care for Elderly In Villages, Florida for your beloved elders who are suffering from Alzheimer's dementia, or disabled.

    ReplyDelete